WELCOME TO OUR BLOG

JOIN US AS WE SHARE THE EXPERIENCES AND RECIPES OF OUR ALL-SEASON ORGANIC GARDENING ADVENTURES AND OTHER RELATED STUFF AS WE DIG, WEED, HARVEST, AND COOK OUR WAY THROUGH EACH GLORIOUS GARDEN YEAR!

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Yoga


I opened my eyes this morning. I waited to feel the stiffness in my shoulders, the ache in my back, the cramp in my legs. Not there!! Even after spending the day before as an amateur lumberjack. Lugged a chainsaw through the woods. Cut and hauled brush. Loaded logs onto a portable sawmill. Stacked the milled boards. Harvested fall produce from the garden. Hiked through the woods with the dog. After such a day, this sixty-some year old body could have expected some pain, cramps and stiffness. But, they weren't happening.
Murphy does yoga too
I blame this on yoga. Last night I spent 10 to 15 minutes doing a simple yoga routine. No medication. Just yoga and stretching. This morning I was ready to do it all again. Lumber milling and stacking. Turning compost piles. Gardening. And our dog Murphy will make sure we take our walks in the woods. Tonight I'll lay on the floor and stretch and twist. I'll sit and flex my legs. I'll get into the downward dog and the cat positions. I'll stand and crane my neck.

Tomorrow I'll wake up and look for the shoulder stiffness, the back pain and the leg cramps. But, I'll bet they won't be there. Thanks to yoga! -G.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment